Parents as Teachers
Beginning at the Beginning:
As a parent, you are your child’s first and most important teacher. Your home is your child’s first school house. Your child will learn more during the early years than at any other time in life. How your child grows and learns during these years–beginning at birth–will affect his or her later development and success in school.
Free Services and Materials:
Parents As Teachers is a voluntary and flexible program that provides practical, effective help for all Missouri families with children who are newborn to kindergarten entry. It offers:
- Information and Guidance before your baby is born to help you prepare for the important job of being a parent.
- Personal Visits by certified child development specialists.
- Group Meetings with other parents to gain new insights, share experiences, and discuss topics of interest.
- Information on what to look for and expect as your child grows and develops.
- Periodic check-ups of your child’s educational and sensory (vision and hearing) development.
Partnership, Between Home and School, that Works?
Parents As Teachers has-been found to be highly effective. An independent evaluation showed that participating children:
- Were significantly more advanced in language development than other 3-year-olds.
- Had made greater strides in problem solving and other intellectual skills.
- Were further along in social development than their peers.
Parents as Teachers:
- It’s Free!
- It’s For You And Your Baby!
- It’s Available In All Missouri School Districts
Give Your Child the Best Possible Start in Life!
Join the more then 500,000 Missouri families who are benefiting from Parents As Teachers.
Call Ms. Mindy Ford with the Parents As Teachers Program at 636-464-4499 to register.