Instructions and Link
Go to: docs.google.com
Setting up a Google account:
- Log in to Google or set up an email account you are able to access at school
- Fill out the information. Make sure you provide your school accessible email address
- When you are done, click on the “I accept. Create my account.” button.
- Google will send an e-mail verification to the e-mail address you provided. You must use this e-mail to access your account the first time.
- Log into your new account. The document you wish to upload should be saved and closed.
- Choose the “Upload” icon near the top of the screen in the blue bar.
- Browse your files and choose the file you want to upload.
- Rename it, if necessary.
- click “upload file”
- Choose the “Share” button from the open document’s screen. Scroll down and choose “Share with others.”
- If you want people to edit and contribute to your document, make sure you invite people “as collaborators.” If you don’t want people to be able to make changes to your document, invite them “as viewers.”
- Fill in the email addresses of people you wish to invite. If you’re inviting multiple collaborators, separate their addresses with commas.
- Google Docs will then give you the option of sending your collaborators an email to alert them of your document.
- Place your cursor in the text where you would like to make a comment.
- On the top toolbar, click “Insert” and then click “comment.”
- To remove comment, simply click on the comment box and click “Delete comment.”
- If you would like to check previous drafts, click, “File” on the top toolbar and then click “Revision history.”
- If you would like to view one previous draft, simply click on that draft.
- If you would like to view more than one draft at once to see what changes have been made, check the box to the left of each of the drafts then click “Compare checked.”