WINDSOR C-1 SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD ELECTIONS
(Public Notice of Filing)
Notice is hereby given to the general public for School Board positions at the Windsor C-1 School District, for the April 3, 2018 election. Filing will begin at 8:00 AM, Tuesday, December 12, thru 5:00 PM, on Tuesday, January 16, at the Superintendent’s office. Filings will occur Monday thru Friday during the hours of 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM, excluding December 25, thru January 2, 2018, or when offices are closed due to inclement weather.
All Board Members should have an interest in the welfare and educational opportunities of students, a desire to honestly represent the public, and the commitment to be a good steward of taxpayers’ resources. All persons interested in serving on the Board of Education, whether elected or appointed, will meet all legal requirements for candidates in School Board Elections, as noted in the following qualifications:
- Be citizens of the United States of America;
- Be resident taxpayers of the Windsor C-1 School District. (A “taxpayer” is an individual who has paid taxes to the state or any subdivision within the immediately preceding 12-month period, or the spouse of such individual);
- Resided in MO for a minimum of one year immediately preceding their election or appointment;
- At least 24 years of age;
- Not delinquent in the payment of any state income taxes, personal property taxes, municipal taxes or real property taxes on their place of residence. If an applicant is a past or present corporate officer of any fee office, that office cannot be delinquent in the payment of any taxes owed the State;
- Have not been found guilty nor have plead guilty to a felony or misdemeanor under the federal laws of the United States of America, or to a felony under Missouri law or an offense committed in another state that would be considered a felony in Missouri;
- Not be registered or required to be registered as a sex offender;
- Have filed, or the treasurer of an existing candidate committee has filed, all required campaign disclosure reports with the Missouri Ethics Commission, when applicable, for all previous elections in which they were candidates.
(For more information, please contact Linda Schober at 636-464-4462).