A+ Schools Program
Your Child could have the opportunity to receive tuition incentives to Missouri Community Colleges or Vocational Technical Schools. Windsor High School is an “A+ School” designated by the state of Missouri.
Students who are interested in receiving the benefit must sign an “A+ Agreement.
Read on, for more information!
How are tuition incentives possible?
Missouri public high schools that meet the goals of the state’s A+ Schools are eligible for tuition incentives to any public Missouri community college or vocational-technical school if they meet certain eligibility requirements (See “eligibility requirements”). These tuition incentives may be a great benefit to any family with an eligible A+ student.
What is A+ Designation?
The A+ Schools Program was initiated by the state of Missouri to help high schools reduce the drop out rate, eliminate the general track curriculum, and assist students in identifying classes that contribute to their areas of career choice. The key goal of A+ Schools is to assure that all students, when they graduate, are well prepared to pursue advanced education or employment or both.
Is Windsor an A+ School?
Windsor received official designation from the Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education in April of 2007. The Class of 2007 became the first class to benefit from the tuition incentive provided by being an A+ School.
Why should I be concerned now?
Students should sign up as soon as possible to allow time to complete the tutoring requirement before May first of their senior year. Another reason…students will have adequate time and knowledge to meet the A+ student requirements.
How do I sign up?
You may request an Agreement Form from the A+ Office (Counselor’s Office). All students must attend an A+ Training Session (dates TBA) before they can begin the tutoring. The rules of tutoring will be discussed at the training.
What are the eligibility requirements for receiving the tuition incentive?
To qualify for A+ Incentive Funds, a student must:
- Sign an A+ Agreement.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale by graduation.
- Maintain a 95% attendance average over a 4 year period.
- Provide 50 hours of supervised tutoring within the Windsor School District.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship
- Avoid the unlawful use of drugs (have no alcohol or drug offenses in accordance with school policy).
- Attend an A+ high school for 3 years.
- Be a US citizen, and
- The student’s parents must also complete a free application for Federal Student Aid. (FAFSA) after October 1st of senior year. Form available at: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Pass the Algebra I End of Course Exam with a score of Advanced or Proficient OR score a 17 or higher in math on the ACT.
For More Information Contact:
Mrs. Andrea Reed
A+ Schools Coordinator
Windsor High School
6208 Hwy. 61-67
Imperial, MO 63052
636-464-4435 or email@example.com
Check out the Missouri Department of Higher Education at http://www.dhe.mo.gov/ppc/grants/aplusscholarship.php