WEEKLY READING ASSIGNMENTS
Your child will receive a Reading Weekly Review on Friday and it will be due on the following Friday.
The review will either be a non-fiction passage with questions or a bag book.
The Role of Non-fiction Passages:
- Questions for each passage are aligned to essential skills and strategies.
- Reading passages feature vocabulary and definitions.
- Students read a variety of non-fiction topics to build background knowledge
What are Bag Books?
- Bag Books will help your child with fluency and comprehension.
- These leveled books are to be read at home with an adult. Please remember to record the minutes on the Reading Log. Please keep the book in the provided baggie.
- The students will need to take a Reading Counts quiz by Friday.
- Please note: These books will not count as Reading Counts book reports