Windsor Middle School Leadership Class: Application Required
The Windsor Leadership class is a high-level reading, writing and public speaking class that works to promote good character of all students using an English Language Arts approach. Some of the activities that this class will be involved with are:
• Required planning retreat in August
• Design and instruct character education lessons to advisory classes
• Attend sporting events to support teams
• Plan Spirit Week around MAP and annual school themes
• Teacher and staff appreciation
• Fundraise for Special Olympics
• Service Projects
• Leadership training
• Plan and attend dances and other events
• Serve on a new committee each quarter
• Participate in other events before and after school (based on students’ availability)
This would be one of your exploratory classes and will meet for the entire school year.
Your grade will be based on homework, class activities, written reflections, speeches, projects, how well you teach lessons to peers, and written and verbal summatives (75% of the class grade). This class does NOT permit summative retakes.
The requirements for this class enrollment are:
• Students must be in 6th, 7th or 8th grade during the upcoming school year.
• Students must agree to abide by the policies in our Constitution.
• Students must have good attendance.
• Students must maintain a C average through the school year.
• Students must be a positive, contributing, and enthusiastic member of the class, turning in assignments on time and being prepared daily.
• Students must display good character traits.
• Students follow all school rules when on school property or at school-sponsored events.
• Students must complete the student statement on their own.
• Students must participate in a two-three minute interview process before the Leadership sponsors. During this interview process, the student will give a description of himself/herself and why he/she is a good candidate.
• Student must return completed student promise and parent statement.