Science Supplies: On your child’s school supply list, the following items are required for Science class.
- 1 Notebook (8.5 x 11 inches)
- transparent tape, suggested not required
- pencils – mechanical is most convenient, suggested, but not required
- bound composition book
First day to use notebooks will be Monday, August 26.
*any family unable to locate notebook required, or time does not allow to return to store, please contact me via email and your student will be provided with a notebook.
Quality of work: In the working world of science, reliability and validity is based on the quality of the work presented; therefore I do not accept work of substandard quality.
- scribbled, illegible writing
- careless illustration
- work with food or other stains
- crumpled paperwork and projects
- obvious lack of effort
acceptable and unacceptable examples will be provided when available.
Substandard work will require corrections and/or adjustment before evaluation
Pride in our accomplishments is an important aspect of being successful.
I am including tips I found for creating a study space to help with organization and time management for those students who have not yet developed those habits.
- Choose a relaxed & quiet space that is not too busy and free from heavy foot traffic.
- Your child’s study space should be private but not isolated. Choose a space where you can quietly check on your child without pulling his attention away from the task at hand.
- Make the space comfortable. Choose a “desk” with a large work surface and a comfy chair preferably on casters for easy movement. The space should have sufficient work lighting and plenty of storage for supplies and resources such as dictionaries and study guides.
- Personalize the space so it reflects your child’s taste & personality without being too distracting. Letting your child choose a favorite color should be enough.
- Add a large wall calendar to keep track of exam & project due dates.
Now is the perfect time to stock up on supplies that may be needed later on, report covers, construction paper, staplers, & any other needed items