The Kindergarten music curriculum lays the foundation for the music program at Windsor Elementary. Kindergarten music class focuses on the following main concepts:
- Sound Exploration
- Identifying and Performing Loud and Soft Dynamics
- Identifying and Performing in a Singing Voice
- Identifying and Performing Fast and Slow Tempi
- Identifying and Performing the Steady Beat and the Rhythm
- Performing and Discriminating Between High and Low Pitches
- Matching Pitch with Others
- Reading and Writing Simple Musical Notation
We explore the above concepts through a variety of activities that include singing, playing instruments, moving/dancing, listening, and writing.
The Kindergarteners will perform a concert in May. The kindergarten teachers and I will send home information about this performance in the spring.