The Windsor Elementary Choristers is a select choir comprised of second grade singers. We rehearse on Friday mornings from 7:20-8:10 in the music room. See below for Choristers news and the program objectives.
A copy of the current Choristers Rehearsal and Performance Calendar can be found here:
The goal of the Windsor Elementary Choristers is musical excellence. During each rehearsal, we will focus on building peer relationships, singing with proper vocal technique, enhancing musicianship, and improving performance skills.
As a member of the Windsor Elementary Choristers, students will:
- sing with others a varied repertoire of music
- learn and demonstrate proper choral tone
- learn and demonstrate proper vocal technique
- sing unison and two-part music
- practice proper etiquette during performances
- develop appropriate stage presence
- increase awareness of rhythmic, melodic, and harmonic concepts
- improve music reading skills
- learn to follow a director
- enunciate words with an awareness of correct consonant and vowel sounds